Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My first hand dyeing yarn experience












So I have been working on my first felting project and I broke all the needles before I finished it(I'll have pictures when I finish). So in the down time I thought I would finally try hand dyeing with Kool Aid. I have been putting this off for a while, not because I didn't want to but, because I was afraid of the time it took. I had decided in the down time from needle felting that I need light blue sky so I picked up some wool, that I had wrapped into a small skein, and picked a light blue Kool Aid. I went to town trying to get the dye to yarn ratio the way I wanted it and I think it came out awesome. I had so much fun doing it! I am no longer afraid and I can't wait to dye my own yarn that I hand spun on a drop spindle my husband made! Which reminds me I need to buy some roving. Here are the pictures.




No comments:

Post a Comment