Sunday, January 22, 2012

Dye class

So what do you get when you cross an armoire, dye, yarn and a bath tub? My freshly dyed yarn hanging in the hotel armoire after being rinsed in the hotel bath tub.  Yes in the pursuit of furthing my yarn dyeing business I decided I needed to drop a little extra knowledge in the mix. 
I used Greener Dyes which I think I will use to hand paint a line of superwash sock yarn.  I highly recommend using these if you want a low environmental impact acid dye.
I kind of went a little crazy with the experimentation of pictoral dyeing but I think that yarn blank turned out well, I'll call it my Arizona Sunset.  The other two blanks are complimentary colors, each blank being split complimentary or analogous. I think they turned out real well, but I still need to do a more in depth color study soon.  Also if any one knows of a good yarn base thats a 100% wool I would think you are awesome. Anyway, here's the parting shot of the armoire. I'll upload the pic of the finished product later, once it dries.

No comments:

Post a Comment