Monday, December 13, 2010

Whoooray for finished blankets!


It's finished the log cabin blanket was blocked and packed up in the wee hours of the morning and dropped it off at the post office. Thank goodness it's over. Don't get me wrong I loved making it for my friend. I learned a new technique and refined my design process by making it. I have taken away from this that I a) respect the heck out of women who make these afghans all the time and b) I won't ever make a blanket larger than a baby blanket or a lapghan. It just takes up so much time that you are running off of love and not money, which is totally awesome when your doing it for the love of it but its not a practical thing for me to do again. So having said that I went through blanket detox by working on a simple striped scarf and a beaded handle for a beautiful bag and hat combo that is a class over at the Knit N Knibble. If you're in the Tampa area check it out. Once my detox is over I will begin work on moebius neckwarmers and Dr. Who Scarves. They will be on sale in my shop in the coming weeks. I will post my progress of those on here. ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment