Friday, February 22, 2013

Sheep, Semi Circles and Shawls, Oh My!

So this week was crazy, I didn't even know what day it was half the time this week.  I thought somehow that the end of this week was the end of next week...yea it didn't make sense to me either.  Something was off in my head because I also went to bed at 10pm and I had forced myself to stay up til then, I wanted to fall asleep at 8. That never happens, I'm normally up into the wee hours of the morning knitting, working on patterns, or doing something else that can't wait until the next day.  But if I finish things I get to start things!! So I made up a freebee pattern, I have to felt it but it is a companion change purse to the pinwheel bag.  It has an interesting construction that I think will be a fun challenge for an adventurous knitter.  So I have to write up the pattern and felt it but here is a sneak peak of the overall shape.

Trust me when it's done, and you see how it was made you will go, 'whaa..that's awesome!' (Well, maybe you will be mildly amused which is just as good.)  I'll be sure to make an explanative post just for the change purse to supplement the free Ravelry download.

On another note a friend of mine asked me to make a sheep book cover, so I did.

I'm impressed that I came up with the pattern on the fly, it could be better but I'm happy with it.
I used Woolie Bullie from Hikoo for the fluff and Cascade 220 for the rest.

Here is my progress on the Vintage Colors Shawlette.



I'm hoping to be farther along on that next week, but alot will be going on next week.  I have to work  a new order of yarn to dye and I'll be leaving for a visit to Ohio to iron out all the details for our (my hubster and I) move in the near future.

So that was two finished projects so I get to start a new one. Hmm.. I want to start my cotton tank out of Belisia, maybe that will be a driving project.  Tune in next week to see what crazy antics I may have gotten myself into.

No comments:

Post a Comment